Strange (newbie) Gateway Errors

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Sep 10 09:26:23 PDT 2005

On 2005-09-10 11:58, Thomas Dimson <tdimson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running: FreeBSD-6.0Beta4
>
> I don't have natd configured in the slightest. My assumption was that I
> didn't need to run it because I have a router assigning the IP addresses and
> doing NAT for my cable modem, while my university is assigning me an IP
> address for the second interface. Maybe I do need to run it.

It's very likely that you need to run it.  What IP address does DHCP
assign to your ``vr1'' interface?  Can you repost the output of the
following commands, but as plain text attachments?  Their previous copy
in upthread messages is almost unreadable because of mailer induced
wrapping and reformatting of the text.

It would be interesting to see:

	# ifconfig -a
	# netstat -rn

> ifconfig_vr0="inet 192.168.1.110 <http://192.168.1.110> netmask
> 255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0>"
> ifconfig_vr1="DHCP"

Hmmm, are you sure these http URLs are necessary here.  i don't think so...

> # -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Fri Sep 9 19:53:50 2005
> router_flags="-s"
> router="/sbin/routed"
> router_enable="YES"

Hmmm, is this __really__ necessary?