Accessing the Digital IO pins on a VIA EPIA-PD motherboard - Second question

Paul Hamilton paulh at bdug.org.au
Sat Sep 10 08:28:11 PDT 2005

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the VIA Forum tip.  I will see what they have to say.

Cheers,

Paul Hamilton

=241), it looks like there is a VT1211 super I/O chip connected to the
VT8235 southbridge.

The GPI/O is nowhere to be to been seen on this drawing, but the webpage for
the VT1211 (http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/peripherals/super-io/)
lists "56 General Purpose I/O Pins" My guess would be that that's what
you're looking for. You'd have to talk to VIA how the 8 pins on the mobo are
connected to the VT1211.

VIA has released an IrDA driver for the VT1211, but it is Linux-only and
binary-only.

You could write VIA and ask them to release enough documentation to allow a
driver for the digital I/O pins to be written.

Good luck.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.