Question about freeBSD OS

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Sep 10 00:06:56 PDT 2005

rolan herreria wrote:

>1. Can I run .exe files in this OS?

There are a couple of emulators, Wine having already
been mentioned.  See also dosbox, doscmd, twin, and
vmWare.

Wine or vmWare would be the method of choice for
emulation for native Windows programs.  dosbox, etc.
emulates an MS-DOS environment ...

>2. Can I run 3D Games in freeBSD OS like Half-life &
>Doom3?

See below.

>3. Can I share my files to a PC using Microsoft XP?

Sure.

>4. Can you give me some OS running 3D games except
>Microsoft?

If you wanna play, you generally use a "toy" OS. </troll>

Here's what I see easily available for FreeBSD, no idea
if they work or how well.....

[836] Sat 10.Sep.2005 1:57:49
[kadmin at archangel][/usr/ports/games]
ls | grep -i doo