/usr/ports/www/phpbb --? Makefile query

Chris St Denis chris at aebc.com
Fri Sep 9 19:01:21 PDT 2005

I've used phpBB with php5 just fine.

If you want alternative forums software, take a look at http://fudforum.org

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Vizion
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 8:51 PM
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Cc: Brooks Davis; Johann Visagie
Subject: Re: /usr/ports/www/phpbb --? Makefile query

On Thursday 08 September 2005 19:48,  the author Brooks Davis contributed to

the dialogue on-
 Re: /usr/ports/www/phpbb --? Makefile query:

>On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 05:34:32PM -0700, Vizion wrote:

used to doing it might be willing to make such a change and commit

>That would be breaking the Makefile, not fixing it.  Realistly, if you
>want to use a non-standard file system layout, you shouldn't use the
>port.
Humph -- well I thought most large scale virtual webs are set up outside
main /usr/local - admittedly many use simlinks but I thought not when the
sever operates as a farm...which is why apache allows for data paths
separtely /usr/loca

>Just do a "make depends" in the phpbb port directory to get the
>pieces you need, and then install phpbb by hand.  Most php apps are
>pretty trivial to install if you know how to configure a web server and
>database.

I have now found an even more serious problem phpbb is NOT compatible with
php5 -- which opens a whole can of worms...

	I am trying for an alternative

Thank yo so much for your time -- it is much appreciated

David

>P.S. Please stop randomly cross posting your messages.  It just wastes
>people's time.
Sorry about that

English Owner & Captain of British Registered 60' bluewater Ketch S/V
Taurus.
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after

completing engineroom refit.