Fwd: php extensions compile error

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:16:47 PDT 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 17:59,  the author Kris Kennaway contributed to
the dialogue on-
 Re: Fwd: php extensions compile error:

>On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 05:43:01PM -0700, Vizion wrote:
>> configure:2971: checking for magic files in default path
>> configure:2984: result: not found
>> configure:2986: error: Please reinstall the libmagic distribution
>
>OK, not directly helpful.  I checked the configure script and it's
>looking for
>
>      if test -r $i/include/magic.h || test -r $i/magic.h; then
>        FILEINFO_DIR=$i
>        AC_MSG_RESULT(found in $i)
>        break
>
>a header file.  5.3 did not install this header (5.4 does), so you can
>either upgrade to 5.4 (may be necessary to avoid further problems
>later), or try copying /usr/src/contrib/file/magic.h to
>/usr/include/magic.h and see if it works.
>
>Kris

Thank you so much Kris

It looks as though it is working.. compiling like mad atm.. that has done the
trick - do you want to email ale and let him know - although I would like to
tell him how much I appreciate your help anyway

thanks

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.