libmagic files missing??

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:58:13 PDT 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 17:52,  the author Kris Kennaway contributed to
the dialogue on-
 Re: libmagic files missing??:

>On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 05:37:04PM -0700, Vizion wrote:
>> checking for magic files in default path... not found
>> configure: error: Please reinstall the libmagic distribution
>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>> Please report the problem to ale at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
>> "/usr/ports/sysutils/pecl-fileinfo/work/Fileinfo-1.0/config.log" including
>> the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
>> idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g.
>> an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/pecl-fileinfo.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.
>
>As explained above, the config.log contains the necessary details to
>debug this.  If you don't want to follow the advice and ask the
>maintainer, either put that file online somewhere so as not to spam
>the list, or post only the section that refers to libmagic.

Thanks

I did follow the advice and send the requested info to ale. Ale has not
responded yet - he may be out of town. I have forwarded a copy directly to
you and to the list - I had held back on posting to the list in case someone
object to the amount of information - but I have had a couple of people ask
me to post the full info so I have done so -

I hope that is OK

Thanks again
david

>Kris

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.