Will USB serial ever be fixed?

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:49:54 PDT 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 16:28,  the author M. Warner Losh contributed to
the dialogue on-
 Re: Will USB serial ever be fixed?:

>In message: <20050909222126.2215.qmail at web54010.mail.yahoo.com>
>
>            Paul Marciano <pm940 at yahoo.com> writes:
>: > Even to the point that it will be hard for you to
>: > effect change because people don't take you
>: > seriously.
>:
>: I don't want to effect change, I just want a working
>: system.
>
>If the system isn't working for you, then you're advocating a change.
>
>: If you're serious about supporting an
>: operating system you have to support all your uses,
>: even the assholes.
>
>Since I don't have usb serial hardware that's tickling the problem,
>I'm unmotivated to do anything about the problems.  And even if I was
>motivated, I can't even begin to do anything about the problem without
>hardware.  And even if I had the hardware, it has to be important to
>me.  Either for something cool I'm hacking on, or because I get a fist
>full of dollars for my efforts.
>
>You asked for honesty, and I'll give you some more: You are being a
>jerk and acting like you are entitled to having your particular
>problem fixed without pitching in and helping in some way.  This
>combination is particularly bad when faced with an open source
>project.  It will get you nowhere but frustrated when we don't cow-tow
>to your demands.
>
>Have a nice day.

Hey Warner come on relax a bit

It has been said that the human being is mearly a glorified ice do-nut  -- if
you carry on giving people a hard time they might forget to concentrate on
the attractive stuff you have on top and concentrate on the debris at the
bottom

david

>Warner

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.