Will USB serial ever be fixed?

Paul Marciano pm940 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 16:42:37 PDT 2005

--- "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> You asked for honesty, and I'll give you some more:
> You are being a jerk and acting like you are
> entitled to having your particular
> problem fixed without pitching in and helping in
> some way.

You're funny...  but actually I was only asking for an
assessment... asking if it was going to be fixed.  If
not, that's my problem.  No demands explicit or
implied.

I'm neither demanding nor expecting anything except
the truth.  For you, the truth is that it isn't a
problem you're interested in (besides calling me
names, which let's face it, is fun).  That's not
intended as a slant on you, mearly an interpretation
of your position.  That there's an open bug says it
hasn't been a problem on the top of anyone elses list.

If the final truth is that there are bigger fish to
fry and so it's going to be a while before the heroic
USB developers get around to this, then that's fine
and it's something I'll have to deal with.  However,
if someone is a week away from fixing it, then that
would be useful to know.

Thanks,
Paul.