php compile options

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:03:57 PDT 2005

Hi

Some compile configuration questions:

1. When php5 is compiled from ports I understand a file is generated to hold
the compiled options. On my system there is a file with the following data:

dns1# cat /var/db/ports/php5/options
# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!
# Options for php5-5.0.5
_OPTIONS_READ=php5-5.0.5
WITH_APACHE2=true
WITHOUT_DEBUG=true
WITH_MULTIBYTE=true
WITH_IPV6=true

Am I correct in saying that the options from this file are read by the
compiler at compile time?

If not this file which file?

2. Options expressed on the command line for php are normally in lower case.
If I place them in this file should they be capitalized or does that not
matter to the compiler?

3. Is there a complete list of options with the distribution?

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.