How to install Vmware5 in FreeBSD?

Yuan Jue yuanjue122 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 07:27:20 PDT 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 22:06, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día viernes, septiembre 09, 2005 a las 03:41:47 +0200, Frank Mueller -
emendis GmbH escribió:
> > Qemu is running flawlessly on FreeBSD 5.4 here! ;)
>
> Yes. I've qemu version qemu-0.7.0s.20050717 up as well in my 5.4R;
> do you know if kqemu works as well and how I plug it in?

kqemu works fine with FreeBSD 5.4.

first, you should install qemu from port so you can change the makefile with
"with_kqemu=yes"
second, after you finish the compile thing, you should remember that kqemu is
running as a kernel object (.ko). So either you can start it with "kldload
kqemu.ko" or you can simply add "kqemu_load=yes" to your /boot/loader.conf to
autostart it every time you boot your computer.

Good luck!
--
Best Regards.

Yuan Jue