Conflicting CDRW and DVDRW

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Fri Sep 9 03:19:00 PDT 2005

Michael Sherman <msherman77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to burn a DVD with my Pioneer DVD writer (usb), but when I
> open K3B, the device is not listed. In fact the IDE CD burner isn't
> listed there as well. The kernel is configured with SCSI and ATAPICAM
> devices. It seems to me that my writers IDE and USB are conflicting,
> since the output of the camcontrol devlist produces:
>
> <SONY SDT-9000 0400>               at scbus0 target 6 lun 0 (sa0,pass0)
> <PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-108 1.18>     at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (pass1,cd0)
> <SONY CD-RW  CRX140E 1.0n>         at scbus3 target 0 lun 0 (pass2,cd1)

Where do you see the conflict here?

> Any ideas? Any hint will be appreciated.

Do you run K3B as user? Does the user have write access to
the needed devs (acdX, passX, xptX) or are the underlying programs
running suid?

If you have cdrecord installed, try running cdrecord -scanbus as the user
you use for K3B and look at the error messages.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/