FreeBSD 5.4 sparc64 netboot install?

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:08:38 PDT 2005

On 9/8/05, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 10:48:56PM -0700, Aaron Glenn wrote:
> > If you can point me to a resource I've overlooked, please do so. I
> > would greatly appreciate a hit with the cluestick on this one.
>
> You don't need a special bootloader any longer.  Just use the standard
> one.
>
> Kris

Fair enough, but that isn't mentioned or documented anywhere. Posting
to a mailing list is *always* a last resort; and yet I had to because
I could find nothing even remotely up to date on the subject. I've
continued to use FreeBSD for the past five years because of the
documentation. Why isn't the netboot installation method detailed
definitively somewhere? Is it simply because no one has updated the
previous one, or is there another reason? If it were supported,
shouldn't it be listed in the installation notes?

aaron.glenn