FreeBSD 5.4 sparc64 netboot install?

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:48:57 PDT 2005

On 9/8/05, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> Why do you think it's no longer supported?  You can certainly install
> sparc machines by netbooting them.
>
> Kris

Partly because there is nothing in the handbook[1], release notes[2],
or installation notes[3] for sparc64 about it. And mostly because the
development directory for sparc64 is currently barren[4]. Like I
mentioned in my original message, the only information I can find
about a netboot install is a very outdated 5.0-CURRENT text that links
to bootloader files that no longer exist.

If you can point me to a resource I've overlooked, please do so. I
would greatly appreciate a hit with the cluestick on this one.

Regards,
aaron.glenn

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/relnotes-sparc64.html
[3] http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/installation-sparc64.html
[4] ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/sparc64/