/usr/ports/www/phpbb --? Makefile query

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:38:47 PDT 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 17:23, you wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 05:05:41PM -0700, Vizion wrote:
>> The makefile has the following lines:
>>
>> PHPBBDIR=	${WWWDOCROOT}/${PHPBBURL}
>> PKGOPTS=	${FILESDIR}/pkg-opts
>> EXCEPTFILES=	${PREFIX}/${PHPBBDIR}/install/install.php \
>> 		${PREFIX}/${PHPBBDIR}/install/upgrade.php \
>> 		${PREFIX}/${PHPBBDIR}/install/update_to_latest.php
>>
>> In my case DocumentRoot is:
>> WWWDOCROOT?=	/usr2/virtualwebs
>>
>> to which the port is adding ${PREFIX}
>>
>> which has a local value of /usr/local
>>
>> producing attempts to install files with problematic paths such as
>>
>> /usr/local//usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/install/install.php
>> ^^^^^^
>>
>> I wonder, while this is being looked at, whether it might be possible to
>> have the option, when installing to virtual webs to install to a file list
>> comprising multiple urls?
>>
>> This would be a most valuable option.
>
>Installation outside prefix is not supported.  You could set
>prefix to /usr2

Where is ${PREFIX} set?
>and WWWDOCROOT to virtualwebs to install the key
>files where you want them.
But does that not mean that I would be getting files that properly belong in
the /usr/local/ hierarchy in the virtualwebs hierarchy?

>This would cause /usr2 to be populated
>with the directories given in BSD.local.dist.  Alternativly,
>you could make /usr/local/www/forumkatrina.org a symlike to
>/usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org or something similar.

That would be a good idea but unfortunately there appears to be a bug in the
latest version of apache2 that makes symlinks problematical and it is not a
good idea when the files are networked. The other thing is that /usr2/ is a
different physical device which holds files for replication to duplicate
physical devices for webfarming.

>Of course, if
>you want to install it more than once, ports won't work as it.
>Making phpbb capable of being a slave port and making local ports for each
site could be a good work around for that.

Does anyone know how to fix the Makefile for the port so that it does not
apply ${PREFIX} when presented with an absolute path such as / but does use
${PREFIX} when the path is relative.

That would do as a workaround for the moment.

I am  not familiar with makefiles and I would like to ask if someone who is
used to doing it might be willing to make such a change and commit

thanks

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.