Porting from LInux to FreeBSD

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:41:42 PDT 2005

Deepak Naidu sat at his 'puter and typed on 9/8/2005 16:55:

>Hey Subhro thanx for the info.  I used Reiserfs in
>linux, bcos its reads and writes smaller files faster
>like file size of 1-5 Mb, basically for mailing
>solution.  I dont know where iam wrong.
>
>I have read regarding XFS, in freebsd any info ?.
>So ok FreeBSD supports UFS1/2, dos, fat, fat32, ext2
>reiserfs read only, ok cool...
>
>So how do i enable Reiserfs in kernel, and do the
>partion at install time...
>
>http://people.freebsd.org/~rodrigc/xfs/index.html

XFS is supported in FBSD. For infomration regarding enabling various
stuff in the kernel have a look at /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES. BTW, your
mail client incorrectly marks the replies. Why dont u use thunderbird?
Its a really cool client IMHO. Also send a cc to
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org.

Thanks
S.

--