rc.conf doesn't work after FreeBSD was updated from 5.3 to 5.4

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Sep 7 21:09:46 PDT 2005

jia liu wrote:

> --- Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net>дµÀ:
[...]
please copy the list so others can help and the solution archived for
others to see.

> Here is my rc.conf:
> #--sysinstall generated deltas--# Thu Sep 8 2005
> ifconfig_dc0:"inet 192.168.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0"
looks ok to me
> defaultrouter="192.168.0.1"
> hostname="test.com"
this should be
hostname="something.test.com"

> And I tested that, even I rm /etc/rc.conf, the problem
> happens as before.

yeah, deleting the main config file will not really fix anything. that's
a M$ solution ;)

> When I 'ifconfig', see like these:
> dc0: flags=108802<...> mtu 1500
> options=8 <VLAN_MTU>
> media:Ethernet autoselect
> Status:active

not sure why, sorry.(is that the exact output?)

btw, if you want your firewall to be setup, u need to set
firewall_enable="YES"

and ipfilter_enable="YES" if you use ipf

Beto