Thanks...

Beecher Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:49:03 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 05:08 pm, Rem Roberti wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >On 2005-09-07 17:29, Rem Roberti <remegius at comcast.net> wrote:
> >>Thanks to all that answered my questions about xterm.
> >>
> >>One more question and then I'll quit for the day.  I have created a
> >>cvsupfile to use with cvsup, and it contains a docs-all line, which is
> >>used to update the doc repository.  However, both of the books that I
> >>have on FreeBSD state that the docs are contained in the /usr/doc
> >>directory.  No such directory exists in my 5.4 installation.   Where
> >>did that directory go?
> >
> >The docs-all collection fetches the documentation sources (SGML, XML and
> >the Makefiles needed to build & format the docs).  Are you sure it's
> >this that you want?
> >
> >To tell you exactly where the doc sources have gone, we have to see the
> >supfile though.
>
> Thanks for your reply.  Here's the file:
>
> *default tag=RELENG_5_4_0_RELEASE
> *default host=cvsup1.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/var/db
> *default prefix=/home/ncvs
> *default release=cvs
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
> src-all
> ports-all
> doc-all
> www
> cvsroot-all
>
> Except for adding the initial tag, I just copied this supfile from one
> of the examples.  It probably leaves a lot to be desired.
>
> Rem

Your cvsupfile should look like this:

*default  tag=RELENG_5_4_0_RELEASE
*default  host=cvsup3.freebsd.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr
*default  release=cvs
*default  compress
*default  delete use-rel-suffix
src-all
doc-all
ports-all tag=.   <----- Note the period

That will update your local /usr/src, /usr/doc and /usr/ports. Ports always
need to be tagged head otherwise cvsup will just delete your ports tree.
Change *default host to a mirror close to you. You don't need www unless you
plan on mirroring the freebsd website, nor do you need cvs-root.

Enjoy,

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \