Trouble with RPM port

Frederico Franzosi ffranzosi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:40:37 PDT 2005

On 07 Sep 2005 10:10:36 -0400, Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Frederico Franzosi <ffranzosi at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm having some strange troubles with RPM port, I already tried to
> > cvsup, but the error is still there could anybody get the solution
> > from that output:
> > ----------------
> > ===>  Configuring for rpm-3.0.6_10
> > ./configure: 123: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> > ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> > Please report the problem to ports at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> > "/usr/ports/archivers/rpm/work/rpm-3.0.6/config.log" including the output of
> > the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
> > an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
> > /var/db/pkg`)
> > ---------------
> > I already submited the problem to the address but it seems they didn't
> > have enough time to correct it, or maybe I've done something wrong.
> > Anyway, any solutions??
>

> It's hard to say, because no one else is seeing this problem.
> Are you perhaps picking up a different configure executable?
Well, my port came from rpm official ftp site. I wonder how could I
get from another source that works.
> What is at line 123 of the configure script?
123 ac_feature=`echo $ac_option|sed -e 's/-*disable-//'`
I already tried to edit the configure script, but it was really
useless since I don't know how configure parser works.
> Have you perhaps replaced /bin/sh?
I was actually using /bin/csh wich is the FreeBSD default
> What version of FreeBSD are you running?
5.4