Repairing "kernel not found"

Frederick N. Brier fbrier at multideck.com
Wed Sep 7 06:50:39 PDT 2005

What is odd is that the machine booted FreeBSD perfectly at least 5-6
times before I ran into the weird "ps" error and then it would not
boot.  I still need to figure out what caused the problem in the first
place.

For the moment, is there a way to reinstall just the core 5.4 kernel
distribution files, but not anything else?  Is it legitimate to do a
recursive copy of all the boot files on the CD, ie: /dist/boot to the
twed1s1a slice's /boot directory.  Then I do the boot0cfg and disklabel
command and then fixes any boot manager config files.  Would that work?

Fred.