phpbb installation

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:18:57 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 20:42,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
 phpbb installation:

>Hi
>
>I am just trying to work out the configuration options for
>usr/ports/www/phpbb.
>Does anyone habe any ideas on a good to install phpbb on a server with a
>number of virtual hosts, a number of which, will be running phpbb?
>
>Glancing at the makefile I have drawn the impression that  some tweaking
> might be needed.
>
>I am using name-based hosting and am uncertain how to proceed.
>

># The phpBB2 port supports a number of variables that may be tweaked at
> build # time.  Perform a "make options" to see more information on these
> variables. #
>WWWDOCROOT?=    www/data
>PHPBBURL?=      phpBB2
>                                         (is this meant to be the file
>location for installation purposes or the web site url?)
>
>WWWOWN?=        www
>WWWGRP?=        www

I have installed phpBB to the existing server as a trial and the files appear
to be in the location indicated by stnadrad output. When I run open up
install/install.php I get a blank screen.

any ideas how I can get enough info to help debug this problem?

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.