Threaded Perl Seg Fault

Charles Maner ckjmaner at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 19:56:24 PDT 2005

Hi all.  I'm running threaded Perl 5.8.7, compiled
with ithreads, on FreeBSD 5.4 STABLE with 1.5GB RAM.
Perl is now running out of memory as I'm getting Seg
Faults/Core dumps.  (I'm creating a max of 15 threads
all parsing different HTML.  There appears to only be
124MB of free physical memory remaining--3 GB of swap
space is available/unused.)

FYI, it was compiled using FreeBSD malloc:

/home/charles> perl -V:usemymalloc
usemymalloc='n';

It seems that the OS is not alloting swap space to
this Perl job.  Is there a quick suggestion as to how
to tell it to use swap space and/or should I increase
kernel memory during boot?  Any general suggestions?

Thanks,
Charles