freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 110, Issue 24

Damon Blom surferdamon at adelphia.net
Tue Sep 6 16:31:52 PDT 2005

Hi
   Thank's for the response. It will not even start boot. comes back
             F2  Freebsd
             F5  drive 1
  If I hit it again returns original
             F1 ?
             F2 Freebsd
             F5 drive 1
  I tried using fdisk to write member again
       fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/da0
   but it wouldn't do anything - said no geom. Believe this was because I used
whole disk. But in slot 1 is the freebsd type 165.
  I think it is a bios problem.
   (I did change /mnt/etc to give mounts of new disk  daos1a, da0s1d)
    Just got an external 200 G usb drive that I will try the same thing. I now
    have da0 maxtor 194481 MB
            da1 hp digital drive 976 MB
               Thank's
                   Damon