Repairing "kernel not found"

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Sep 6 08:29:11 PDT 2005

On 2005-09-06 11:13, "Frederick N. Brier" <fbrier at multideck.com> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas was kind enough to point me at the boot0cfg command
> and I had already tried the disklabel command, but my 5.4 system still
> won't boot.  The boot0cfg and disklabel commands executed fine, but it
> is still saying it can't find or load the kernel file despite it being
> in the correct directory on the correct slice.

You can interrupt the boot loader and at the OK prompt run "ls" to see
what the loader has mounted as the root partition.  Then, assuming that
you locate your kernel in ``/boot/kernel/kernel'', loading a specific
kernel can be done with:

	OK set bootfile=/boot/kernel/kernel
	OK set module_path=/boot/kernel
	OK load kernel