Repairing "kernel not found"

Frederick N. Brier fbrier at multideck.com
Tue Sep 6 08:12:37 PDT 2005

Giorgos Keramidas was kind enough to point me at the boot0cfg command
and I had already tried the disklabel command, but my 5.4 system still
won't boot.  The boot0cfg and disklabel commands executed fine, but it
is still saying it can't find or load the kernel file despite it being
in the correct directory on the correct slice.  Please point me to a
howto or docs on how to repair an installation without wiping out all
the files and packages I have already installed/loaded/configured on
this system.  Thank you.

Frederick N. Brier