boot problem - how can I access the file system

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Sep 6 06:26:46 PDT 2005

Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I made a mistake to my /boot/loader.conf file and now the system hangs
> after pressing F1 and before the boot options menu. How can I access the
> file to edit it? I have the install CD, but can't seem to figure out how
> to get to the file system.

Hi Robert,
I'd get FreesBie (live FreeBSD CD, like knoppix is to linux) from
http://www.freesbie.org/ and use it. it's a fully working system in a CD
so you wont have to fight with the restricted shells of fixit CDs,etc
(which most of the times I've found to be more frustrating than the
actual problem I'm trying to solve).

good luck,
Beto