WMP54G and Ndis

Jeffrey Roach roachjm at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:48:43 PDT 2005

Hello,

  I am trying to get my WMP54G card to work via Ndisulator.  Here is what I
have tried,

Everything at http://www.xl0.org/FreeBSD/ndis.txt

  the drivers are Rt2500.INF and rt2500.sys

kldload ndis and if_ndis work fine; I am able to see the device as ndis0

I bring up the interface with this command,

ifconfig ndis0 inet 192.168.1.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid linksys channel
6

The access point is a Wireless-B Broadband Router BEFW11S4

Its address is 192.168.1.1, dhcp is on but I have set a static address at
192.168.1.200, the netmask
is 255.255.255.0 and it is on channel 6

I have tried other channels but with no association

After I type the command I see ifconfig up (or something up) and then get a
kernel panic.

Any ideas?

Thanks.