USB-RS232 adapter in FreeBSD 5?

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Mon Sep 5 08:56:35 PDT 2005

Bill Moran wrote:

>Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>

>>Bill Moran wrote:
>>

>>>You're correct.
>>>
>>>I guess I understand why they split NOTES up, but it sure makes it
>>>a PITA to figure out what options are available ;)
>>>

>>% cat ../../conf/NOTES NOTES > LINT.mine
>>
>>It's not rocket science :)
>>

>Not if you understand it.  Apparently, there are machine independent
>and machine dependent NOTES files (one MI-NOTES, and a NOTES for each
>arch).

Well, I "understood" it by looking in the Makefile in
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf which contains a way of making the LINT kernel.
Prior to building my first 5.4 kernel two months ago, I had no idea any
of this had been done.  I always made my (4.X and prior) kernels based
on LINT (better comments), and when it wasn't there I went looking for it.

--Alex