Reinstalling the standard boot manager

Yuan Jue yuanjue122 at 163.com
Mon Sep 5 08:28:06 PDT 2005

On Sunday 04 September 2005 12:20, Yuan Jue wrote:
> On 2005-09-04 09:31, Yuan Jue <yuanjue122 at 163.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 04 September 2005 08:53, Yuan Jue wrote:
> > >  boot0cfg -v -B /dev/ad0
> >
> > when doing this, I got a message:
> > boot0cfg: write_mbr: /dev/ad0: No such file or directory
> > I use it as root and my disk is ad0. What did I do wrong?
>
> Check that:
>
>   a) you are not running this inside a jail (/dev/ad0 may not be
>      visible inside a jail)
sorry, but how to check that I'm not inside a jail?
Could you give me some clues?

>   b) ad0 is really the disk, and not ad1 or something else

I am pretty sure that is ad0. Since I only install FreeBSD5.4 in my laptop,
and let it use the entire disk. I can use the sysinstall->fdisk to make sure
that the disk is ad0s1, since I use entire of it.

--
Best Regards.

Yuan Jue