Torrent Program

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sun Sep 4 23:55:47 PDT 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 2:31 PM, christophe ollier wrote:

> Le 20/01/2005 13:25, Warren a écrit :
>
>> Im chasing a GUI Torrent program that will allow multiple
>> downloads of torrents without having to re-open the d/l program
>> for each new torrent.  If anyone knows of such a program please
>> let me know(not QTorrent)
>>

> You can try ports/net/mldonkey. It comes in different flavours :
> with or without GUI. You can install it without GUI (mldonkey-
> core), and then use another software as graphical interface, or the
> integrated telnet/web server to control it.
>
> MLDonkey lets you use different p2p protocols in addition to
> bittorrent. , as ed2k/kademlia, gnutella, fasttrack...

     There's also overnet as well as mldonkey. However, the problem
is that many non-standard clients are seen as bad clients by servers
and I assume the same applies for trackers, so I would assume that if
there isn't anything being done for the trackers yet, there may be
something done in the future to prevent them from using the tracker
since they don't follow the prescribed rules for connecting/downloading.
-Garrett