FreeBSD start problem

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:43:55 PDT 2005

On Sunday 04 September 2005 19:18,  the author 继林熊 contributed to the dialogue
on-
 FreeBSD start problem:

>When I try to start my FreeBSD 5.4 Release, I always get this error message:
>"init /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user
>mode.Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:"
>But when I try to input something(I don't know what I should
>input),get the following message:"can't exec ** for single user. Pid
>66 (csh), uid 0: exited on signal 10"
>
>What's the problem? and how do I fixed it?
>Thank you!
This may work

Hit any key as the loader comes up and select single user mode
now
#fsck -f

My guess is that you have not down properly and your disc/discs need fixing
David
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.