what tweaks for stable-supfile in RELENG_6 ? (update after initial install)

WOB wayofbsd at verizon.net
Sun Sep 4 17:04:48 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm going to try in to install FreeBSD 6.0-Beta3, and am curious how I
should tweak the stable-supfile. Actually I did an install from CD, I
usually immediately update from the net after a CD install, so I can get
the latest stuff.

When I installed 5.4 I made these changes to the stable-supfile:

   nano -w stable-supfile
     host = cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
     *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5
     ports-all tag=.
     doc-all tag=.

For 6.0-Beta3, I plan to only change to RELENG_6, like this:

   nano -w stable-supfile
     host = cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
     *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
     ports-all tag=.
     doc-all tag=.

I thought I had read somewhere that I am not supposed to put the
ports-all and doc-all lines in to the stable-supfile for 6.0, but I
cannot find where I saw it.  I think some guy got ports from RELENG_7,
or something like that (though I later read there is only set of ports).

Is it okay to put them in like this?

     ports-all tag=.
     doc-all tag=.

Thanks!

(below are my instructions I usually try to follow)

cd /usr/src
cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile .
cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/refuse .

nano -w stable-supfile
  host = cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
  *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5