Terminals

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Sun Sep 4 17:01:54 PDT 2005

In the last episode (Sep 04), Grant Peel said:
> I have serveral servers in a cage in Toronto, but I live 120 miles
> away.  Every once in a while, I will crash a box, or lock myself out
> of one of them (mostly just the dev box now!). Anyways, is it
> possible to daisychain the machines together using COM1 and COM2 so
> that no matter what, one can always get to a console? Or am I just
> wishing here...

If you run conserver ( ports/comms/conserver-com ) on all the machines,
you can even set it up so you don't have to remember which machine is
controlling which machine's console (it will chain to the correct
machine).  A multiport serial card in one master console box does let
you consolidate the logs on one machine though.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com