boot problem - how can I access the file system

nawcom nawcom at nawcom.no-ip.com
Sat Sep 3 20:47:42 PDT 2005

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/

and specifically:

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite.htm

these are all windows programs that take away the frustration
of installing linux. however freebsd and any os follows the same concept
when it comes
to boot disks (.img) - so give rawwrite a try.

if you really want to do it "unix style" via dd he has a windows copy of
dd on there:

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite/dd.htm

Let me know if you need any help making the fixit disk via any of the
utilities i just mentioned.
-Ben