Four (even five) problems/queries on my FreeBSD installation

Chris chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 13:39:55 PDT 2005

lars.lindblad wrote:
> Hi. I have installed 5.4/KDE on my Thinkpad 600E, and it
> mostly works but there are a few things I need help with.

Do you know the FreeBSD laptop compatibility list?
http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/

> 4. As su I can use tab to complete filenames, but not as
> user lars. I guess it has to to with which shell I use, how
> do I change shell? Or is it another way I can get the
> possibility to use tab to complete filenames?

To find out which shell

lars$ echo $SHELL

If it is csh open .cshrc in lars home directory and put 'set autolist'
just below
# An interactive shell -- set some stuff up

If it is not csh and you would like it to be you can use chpass to
change the shell for user lars.

Chris