EDE

C. Michailidis dinom at balstonresearch.com
Fri Sep 2 05:24:19 PDT 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 08:00 am, freebsd-questions-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> what's got me a little confused is this: "The most important feature
> is full FreeBSD support." Could someone clue me in as to what exactly
> that means?

I usually take this to mean that the development team will offer you help if you experience difficulties using the product/software/etc on that particular platform.  This doesn't mean there aren't any bugs or that every feature of the OS is leverged fully.  Quite simply the EDE developers 'care' about their software running on FreeBSD.  For example, I purchased a copy of Unreal Tournament 2004 and it was clearly stated in the requirments that it worked with linux... however, it also stated that there was no 'support' for linux.

If you are using EDE on FreeBSD and are experiencing difficulty you MAY contact the EDE developers about it, they are willing to support your endeavour.  Support means just that... you have someone to help you out, no support... no help (although the thing may still actually work just fine).

Yes yes?  Reasonable?