duplicate file names in iso - extraction to dos partition for dos install

andyk andyk at rogers.com
Thu Sep 1 14:01:15 PDT 2005

Hi,
I searched high and low, to answer my question, now I'm hoping you can help.

I want to do an install of 5.4 from a dos partition.  as I was extracting the files from the iso/archive to the dos partition, I got a lot of seemingly duplicate names, as dos considers "mail" and "Mail" the same.

I renamed all the duplicates with a 2 after them, but I wonder what problems I will have when I try to do the install?

I plan to buy the cd, but wanted to try out freeBSD before buying.

I really appreciate any help - thanks,
Andy