libm.so.4 problem when running program

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Sep 1 07:03:02 PDT 2005

Michael Pope <michael at dtcorp.com.au> writes:

> I've just installed port 'fpm' on my FreeBSD5.4 with a current updated
> /usr/ports and fpm will not start.  It gets this error:
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libm.so.4" not found, required by
> "libgnomeui.so.5"
>

> I've searched around but all people say is that libm.so.4 is part of
> FreeBSD6.0 not 5.4 does this mean I cannot update my ports to the
> latest ports out there?
> If so what do I have to set my cvsup tag to?
> If not how do I fix the libm.so.4 problem?

This sounds like the problem that hit the package cluster the other
day (packages being labelled for the wrong release).  Did you install
from ports, or did libgnomeui come from a package?  If the latter,
I understand the correct packages have propagated out by now, so try
grabiing a new libgnomeui package (or rebuild it from source).