Limiting closed port

Dark Star dead_line at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 02:20:52 PDT 2005

Hello all,

    Im on FreeBSD 4.8-R
   my logs since over 4 months always complaining from th follow:

   /kernel: Limiting closed port RST response from 243 to 200 packets per
second
   /kernel: Limiting closed port RST response from 222 to 200 packets per
second
   /kernel: Limiting closed port RST response from 238 to 200 packets per
second

   I think its sometype of scan or attack.
   My server has a range of ips, I'm not sure what is this? how to protect
it? IPFW will prevent this?
   how do i know, this attack to what IP excatly?

   Maybe some will advice just to ignore it as i saw around, but i cannot
anymore,
  specially that the Hard Drive got down and corrupted, and this is a new
HD.

   any advices?
   Thank you.
   Marwan