The best scripts ever (trick or treat)

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Oct 31 21:51:39 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:30:50AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2005-10-31 17:11, Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Unless it's FreeBSD specific scripts you are talking about would
> > > news://comp.unix.shell not be better for this?
> >
> > 	Yeah, but reached netnews may be more trouble for lots of us.
> > 	I say, "Come on down!"
>
> Nah!  Too much traffic for little gain, I think.
>
> A web page with shell script collections and a link posted to the
> list would be *much* more preferable, if you ask me.  A web page
> is easier to extend later on, reorganize, categorize, present in
> multiple ways, etc. without increasing the traffic of the list
> immensely.

	I'd be willing to host a scripts website here; I already
	have a slew of hits of  my ThinkPad and CTWM pages.

	But the scripts would have to be drop-in-able.  Otherwise,
	would freebsd.org be willing to donate a few pages?

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix