Compile Kernel Question

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Oct 31 16:41:02 PST 2005

On 2005-10-31 18:25, Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie at outstep.com> wrote:
> Thanks Grigory,
>
> That did the trick....
>
> I am starting to get a feel for the layout of the FreeBSD system and it
> looks to ber really clean.

Cool!  What version of FreeBSD did you install, if I may ask?

Once you get the hang of rebuilding everything from the sources,
it may be a worthwhile things to pursue updating to the latest
"security fix" version of your release or even to the "STABLE"
version.  By then you'll know how to build everything, so all it
takes is to learn about CVSup and updating the sources over a
network connection :)

- Giorgos