make.conf - question

Vladimir Dvorak dvorakv at vdsoft.org
Mon Oct 31 00:52:14 PST 2005

Hello,

where can I found ALL parameters suited for /etc/make.conf ? For
example, I wanted install some software from ports without X11, but

man 5 make.conf

doesn`t include WITHOUT_X11 option.

Fortunatelly I found this page

http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=5&topic=make.conf

and included some necessary parameters into my make.conf.

Ok, I found this

--- man make.conf ---
The purpose of make.conf is not to run commands or perform compilation
     actions directly.  Instead, it is included by the various makefiles in
     /usr/src, /usr/ports and /usr/doc which conditionalize their internal
     actions according to the settings found there.

in man page, but im not sure where exactly should I look ?

(OS: 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE )

Thank you,

Vladimir