acd0 Hardware error

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:51:06 PST 2005

On 10/31/05, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez <jlalarcon at gawab.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends.
>
> Every time i use my DVD player unit, i get on the kernel messages
> console, repeated many times, this:
>
> acd0: FAILURE - READ_CD HARDWARE ERROR asc=0x08 ascq=0x03 error=0
>
> What is the mean of this line?. With others Operating Systems, in the
> same machine, i don't have nothing like this...
>
> This is the line about the DVD player unit in dmesg:
>
> acd0: DVDROM <Pioneer DVD-ROM ATAPIModel DVD-116 0122/E1.22> at
> ata1-master UDMA66
>
> Any help is very apreciated.
>
> Thanks you very much, in advance.
>
> Regards.
>
> Jose.
>

> --
> http://www.lordofunix.org
>
> Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
> Registered BSD User 51101.
> Registered Linux User #213309.
> Memories..... You are talking about memories.
> Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.

It might be some copy protection and it might be not.

Please, read ata(4) and atacontrol(8) manpages to
learn how to tweak different options of ata driver. If
that doesn't help at all, try compiling a custom
kernel with "device atapicam" (make sure SCSI
support is also present). This will give you an
alternative interface to your drive.

Good luck.