Getting my screen to rotate with my monitor

ross ross.penner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 10:01:18 PST 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 04:10:36 -0800, Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/30/05, Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/30/05, ross <ross.penner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I have a fancy dancy LCD screen that can rotate clockwise. It would be
>> > nice to be able to use this functionality but I have no idea where to
>> > start. Hopefully somebody can tell me if it's even feasible. My video
>> card
>> >
>> > is a Voodoo 3 running the tdfx driver.
>>
>> There is a rotate option for the device section in xorg (maybe for all
>> cards, not quite sure...).  It is unaccelerated, but indeed rotated.

I'm going to have to apologize for my newness. I looked in the man files
for xorg.conf and tfdx and I didn't find a rotation option. I suspect that
my card will not support it. Is rotation video card dependent?

> Sorry, forgot to mention one more thing.  xrandr extension allows for
> rotation (I think that's the second r).  In kde there is krandrtray
> which allows the dynamic rotation of the screen.

I'm going to have to apologize for my newness. I looked in the man files
for xorg.conf and tfdx and I didn't find a rotation option. I suspect that
my card will not support it. Is rotation video card dependent?

I also ran the command 'xrandr -q' which was recomended in the xrandr man
file and it's output was:

	Current rotation - normal
	Current reflection - none
	Rotations possible - normal
	Reflections possible - none

This again makes me think that rotation is not possible, but perhaps that
is because the rotation option is not enabled.

Thanks for your quick advice