Enumerating a Windows based PC from a FreeBSD based server - Resolved

Paul Hamilton paulh at bdug.org.au
Sat Oct 29 21:57:17 PDT 2005

Hi,

OK, after a lot more searching of the ports system - nothing found so far.
Something joggled a neuron to have a look at what samba utils could tell me.

By running: "nmblookup -A <IP Number or PC name>"  it quickly returns a nice
list of info. All I need to do then is grep for '<03>' and exclude the PC
name to have a list of users logged into that PC or Server.

I have only done hand testing. I will whip up a script, and test it out
during a work day to see how it goes ;-)

Cool.

Cheers,

Paul Hamilton