Dual dvi on FreeBSD

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:31:21 PDT 2005

On 10/28/05, Kep Woof <kep.woof at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've just bought a pair of TFT screens and wanted to connect them to
> my FreeBSD box via their DVI connectors.  I've been searching with
> google and the list archives, and it seems that the NVidia stuff
> doesn't dual head and that ATI are rather unhelpful with regard to
> drivers.  I found the project to write drivers for the x800 series
> cards, but they look very less than ready.
>
> I'm currently running on i386, but will be building a big amd64
> workstation shortly.  These boards seem to use PCI express, and I was
> wondering how well supported is that?  What about SLI?
>
> Is anyone running an amd64 system with dual dvi tft's? Are there any
> dual dvi cards supported ? Anyone running with two dvi cards?
>
> Any suggestions would be extremely helpful,

Which Nvidia drivers are you checking out?  The propritary Nvidia
drivers defiantly do Daullink DVI.  You will obviously need to set it
up properly in xorg.conf.  Can't comment on the ati cards, but they
should defiantly handle dual DVI out as well.  I'd also check out
Xorg's Xinimera (spelling?) extensions...

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright