portupgrade stale dependencies

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 04:24:00 PDT 2005

On 10/29/05, John DeStefano <john.destefano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Needless to say, this process wasn't much fun.  What can I do to keep
> this from happening again?  What can/can't I safely include in cron to
> automate database and index maintenance?

cvsup or portsnap, then portsdb -uUF. Work under
any circumstances, leave you with updated ports
tree and indexes.

You can also try portupgrade -aF (prefetches
needed files to speed up manual upgrade at a later
time) and portsclean -DP (removes sources and
packages which become outdated due to ports
tree updates).