FreeBSD 4.11 + imap-uw = PAM problems

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:00:39 PDT 2005

I'm getting the following errors with imap-uw on FreeBSD 4.11 when I
connect to the POP3 or IMAP server:

Oct 28 15:57:56 bubs imapd[16913]: unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_open_session
Oct 28 15:57:56 bubs imapd[16913]: unable to resolve symbol:
pam_sm_close_session

I installed imap-uw from the ports collection, and my pam.conf has:

imap    auth    required        pam_unix.so
imap    account required        pam_unix.so
imap    session required        pam_unix.so
pop3    auth    required        pam_unix.so
pop3    account required        pam_unix.so
pop3    session required        pam_unix.so

I don't know a lot about PAM, so I'm not even sure where to start to
fix this. I have a similar setup going on a FreeBSD 4.62 machine, and
it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick