Hot-Swap HDD hardware recommendations?

Bob Middaugh bob.middaugh at comcast.net
Fri Oct 28 05:11:08 PDT 2005

Eric F Crist writes:

Hello list,

I need a cost-effective solution for hot-swap hard drives.  I'm
currently using a removable drive cage available at any CompUSA, but
it's standard IDE/ATA, which is, AFAIK, not hot-swappable.  What kind
of RAID hardware/software would I need so that I can hot swap hard
drives?

TIA

I don't know what kind of case you have for this server, or if you're
looking for an external enclosure.

http://www.topmicrousa.com/superswap1000-black.html

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store
_Code=M&Product_Code=150048&AFFIL=FRG&NR=1

http://store.yahoo.com/priceshock/superswap1000.html

I've never used a Promise controller before, they seem pretty popular
for this though.

Bob