Window Scaling

ptitoliv at ares.ptitoliv.net ptitoliv at ares.ptitoliv.net
Thu Oct 27 02:04:15 PDT 2005

Hello everybody,

I have got 2 dedicated servers located on the same network. 1 is running
on FreeBSD and the other under Linux Debian. The problem is that on the
BSD box, it is impossible to have a transfer rate higer than 200 kB/s with
one connection. If I create simultaneous connections, I can reach more
higher transfer rates.

On my Debian Box, I can reach easily 900 KB/s with only one connection. I
have heard about TCP Window size and Window scaling.

Do you think that it is possible to modify parameters on the BSD box in
order to reach the same transfer rates than the Debian box with only one
connection ?

Thank you for your answers.

Best Regards,
Ptitoliv