math/grace port: "libXcursor.so.1.0" not found ??

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 05:25:14 PDT 2005

--- Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-Oct-25 20:41:33 -0700, Rob wrote:
> >2. Create $HOME/.grace/gracerc.user and put
> >   one line in this file:
> >     USE "pow" TYPE f_of_dd FROM "/usr/lib/libm.so"
> >   (this is the example from the Grace UsersGuide)
>
> Does grace work correctly if you don't include this
> line?

Without that line, grace starts without any problem.
With that line, grace cannot perform the action
described in that line (USE "pow" FROM "libm.so"),
because the responsible dlopen() call has the
error:
  Shared object "libXcursor.so.1.0" not found,
  required by "xmgrace"

However, despite this error, grace continues
to start up fine (but, as I said, without loading
the function from the library).

Rob.